Multiple Sclerosis and Benefits of Ayurveda
When we talk about Multiple Sclerosis is a slowly progressive disease which affects the nervous system especially the spinal cord, brain, and nervous
system. It is also a chronic disorder and the reason is damage to the myelitis sheath of the nerve. This, in turn, leads to the formation of a scar. The incidence of having this disease is higher in the female if we compare with men and the age bracket of people in 20 to 50 years have more likely to get MS. Here we are discussing multiple sclerosis and benefits of Ayurveda as well as common symptoms of the disorder.
Common Symptoms of Sclerosis are long or short duration, mild or severe depending on the area where it affects. It causes weakness, paralysis, blurred vision, red-green color distortion and blindness, paresthesia and muscle stiffness. Other possible symptoms are a tremor, dizziness, memory loss, speech impediment, fatigue, numbness, tingling (sensory abnormalities), difficulty in coordination and balancing and muscle weakness. These symptoms also occur since the nerve is unable to transmit the electrical impulse from the brain to the tissue.
The Cure for Multiple Sclerosis with Ayurveda
Ayurveda also best in curing Multiple Sclerosis by protecting the myelin sheath, relieving inflammation of nerve and improving the abnormal response of the immune system.
- Cleansing therapy– Taking herbal message daily and mild internal cleansing. The motion of massage helps in circulation and cleanses the impurities and toxins that may be contributing to the symptom.
- Take proper and nutritious diet. Eat freshly cooked food, raw fruits, vegetables, leafy salads, seed, and also nuts. Avoid abnormal fat, gluten, fish, caffeine, dairy products, smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Improve lifestyle and daily routine which disturbs the natural body rhythm. When you eat, sleep and exercise in constant fluctuation and in a disturbing way, your body loses the natural balancing cycles and will be unable to heal or cleanse itself.
- Stress management – High stress, mental fatigue, and anxiety worsen the situation of Multiple sclerosis. The reason is hormonal changes, it can get activate cause pain and depress the immune system.
More Common symptoms
- Yoga and meditation both daily help in recovering and curing the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. It is the best in multiple sclerosis and benefits of Ayurveda
- Ashwagandha is best as it also stimulates the immune system. Ayurveda should not be used as an alternative to the conventional medicines.
- Pippali generally supports in preventing abnormal response in the immune system and in reducing inflammation in the nervous system.
- Brahmi also heals in improving the cognitive function of the nerve. This is good for getting rid of fatigue, dizziness, and insomnia and improves the attention span and memory.